Plano ISD limits and monitors access of all non-District personnel, including parents and third parties, on District property. As a result, Policy GKDA(LOCAL) states that distribution by all non-District personnel, including parents or third parties on District property during school hours is only permitted on the District website.
Approval Process for Posting of Materials
Materials received and intended for posting on the District website shall be submitted for review according to Policy GKDA(LOCAL).
- Materials shall be submitted for review via the Materials Distribution Portal, at least five school days prior to the time requested for posting on the website. Associated fees required for posting will be assessed upon approval of submitted items.
- The fee for each posting is $30 (for-profit groups) and $15 (non-profit groups). Payment instructions will be emailed after the distribution item has been approved.
- Materials will be posted upon payment.
- To be considered for posting on the District website, materials shall include the name and contact information of the organization or individual sponsoring the distribution.
- The appropriate administrator will approve or reject submitted materials within five days of the time the materials were received, using the standards outlined in policy.
- All materials approved for posting will include the following disclaimer:
“The content of these materials does not reflect the endorsement, sponsorship, position or expression of the Plano Independent School District.”
For materials in Spanish, please use this translation of the disclaimer:
"El contenido de estos materiales de ninguna manera refleja una aprobación, auspicio, postura o expresión del Distrito Escolar Independiente de Plano."
Approved submissions will remain posted on the materials distribution portal for 60 days unless a shorter time frame is requested.
- Approval of materials for posting does not authorize meetings or visits with students or district personnel.
- Materials approved for posting are not approved for distribution through campus or district publications such as eNews.
- If materials indicate an event is being hosted at a Plano ISD facility, an appropriate Facility Request Form must be on file.