Student Code of Conduct
Plano ISD's Student Code of Conduct outlines offenses that are subject to disciplinary action in one of three categories: campus discipline management, discipline alternative education placement, and explusion. The code of conduct can be found in the Student/Parent Policy Guide and the links below.
Standards of Conduct
Included in the Student Code of Conduct are the following student responsibilities for achieving a positive learning environment at school or school-sponsored activities.
- Attending all classes daily and on time.
- Being prepared for each class with appropriate materials and assignments.
- Meeting district and campus standards of grooming and dress.
- Exhibiting an attitude of respect toward others, even when others do not.
- Conducting one’s self in a responsible manner, always exercising self discipline.
- Obeying all campus and classroom rules.
- Refraining from violations of the Student Code of Conduct.
- Respecting the rights and privileges of students, teachers, and other district staff and volunteers.
- Respecting the property of others, including district property and facilities.
- Cooperating with and assisting the school staff in maintaining safety, order, and discipline.
- Reporting to school officials and/or proper authorities threats to safety and security.
- Seeking changes in school policies and regulations in an orderly and responsible manner through appropriate channels.
Bullying / Harrassment
Any student who believes that he or she has experienced prohibited harassment or bullying should immediately report the alleged acts to a teacher, counselor, principal, or district employee. POLICY FFI (LOCAL)
Tobacco Use by Students
Plano ISD has adopted and enforces prohibitions against the use and possession of all tobacco products, e-cigarettes, or any other electronic vaporizing device, by students and all others on school property and at school-sponsored and school-related activities. Any student in violation of this policy shall be subject to disciplinary action. POLICY FNCD (LEGAL) & GKA (LEGAL), Student Code of Conduct