Mobile Computer Lab
- The mobile classroom offers a series of computer and internet classes that are free to PISD parents. We offer beginner and intermediate computer classes.
- Campus staff accompanies the bus into neighborhoods to establish relationships with parents.
- PISD parents are offered the opportunities to utilize the bus computers and internet to create and learn to use Parent Portal accounts, PASAR registration and payments, SchoolCafe accounts, to fill out volunteer applications, job applications, creation of resumes and cover letters, excuse letters, family budgets and more.
- Parents access other district online services, and GED support for parents who are registered with Plano ISD GED program.
- Parents can practice online typing lessons, and improve their English or Spanish through Rosetta Stone.
- Parents are trained in the use of student educational websites to support their children.
- We partner with some Plano ISD Title I schools to offer students the Science On the Go program, while their parents learn computer skills on the Mobile Lab. Through this program, students have the opportunity to participate in hands-on science experiences in areas such as friction, electric circuits, barometers, microscopes and more.
- Morning, afternoon and evening classes are offerred every week. Please check our monthly calendar on the right of this webpage.
- Currently serving Armstrong, Barksdale, Barron, Beaty, Bowman, Christie, Dooley, Forman, Head Start, Hickey, Huffman, Isaacs, Jackson, McCall, Meadows, Memorial, Mendenhall, Mitchell, Otto, Pearson, Rasor, Sigler, Thomas and Weatherford.
- Parents from Carpenter, Clark, Daffron, Davis, Gulledge, Hendrick, McMillen, Murphy, Plano Senior, PESH, Renner, Shepton, Vines, Williams and Wilson also attend mobile computer classes.