Student Enrollment and Registration
As a public school system, Plano ISD welcomes all students who live within the district's boundaries and meet state age and health requirements. For specific registration information, please contact your child's school. If you need to find out which school your child will attend, please use the School Finder to look up the attendance boundaries for your address.
Enrolling Your Student in Plano ISD
2019-20 New Student Registration
2019-20 New Student Registration
Early Childhood School (ECS) and Elementary School (Grades PreK-5) - July 24 and 25
New ECS and elementary school students (pre-school through grades 5) should register at their assigned schools on either day between 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Elementary counselors will return on July 25. No appointment necessary.
Middle School (Grades 6, 7 and 8) - July 25, 26 and 29
New students should contact their schools beginning July 22 to schedule registration appointments. Appointments will be scheduled July 25, 26 and 29 during the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Middle school counselors will return July 22.
High School (Grades 9 and 10) - July 23, 24, and 25
New students should contact their schools beginning July 17 to schedule registration appointments. Appointments will be scheduled July 23, 24 and 25 during the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. High school counselors will return July 17.
Senior High School (Grades 11 and 12)
New students may contact their schools beginning July 18 to schedule enrollment appointments. All senior high counselors will return on July 17.
When should I enroll my student?
- Students moving into the district during the summer may call their school to register before the start of the school year.
- Students who move into the district during the school year should make an appointment to enroll.
Who can enroll a student?
The natural parent, legal guardian or other person having legal control under a court order must enroll a student. Any person who is not the natural parent or is not designated guardian of the child by a court order must register with the office of Student Services, 5804 Coit Road #102, Plano, TX 75023, prior to enrolling the student.
The person enrolling the student must present their driver's license or department of transportation identification card at the time of registration.
A student 18 or more years of age living independently must present evidence of age and complete the necessary form in the office of Student Services prior to enrolling at the school.
Attendance Boundaries & Feeder Schools
A student is required to attend school in the attendance zone in which the family resides or obtain an approved transfer. See the Schools section of this Web site for a list of school campuses. The attendance boundary maps, School Finder application and feeder school charts can be accessed below.
I'm building /purchasing a home within PISD boundaries. When can I enroll my student?
If a family has not yet moved into the school district but is building or purchasing a home within the district boundaries, a Certificate of Eligibility Form must be completed and the contract for purchase must be submitted to the office of Student Services prior to enrolling.
First Grade Information
In order to attend first grade in Plano ISD, a child must be six years old on or before September 1 or have been previously enrolled in the first grade of a public school in another state or have completed public school kindergarten in another state. Children who are five by September 1 may enroll in first grade through the district's kindergarten acceleration procedures.
The child should be registered during the regular Kindergarten Roundup at his/her school. Parents must apply for kindergarten acceleration. Assessment sessions are scheduled in June. Students who move into the district in July and early August may be considered for acceleration assessment. The deadline for receiving these students is September 1.
For further information regarding testing of underage students for first grade enrollment, contact Plano ISD's Office of Credit by Exam at (469) 752-8703.
What to Bring to Registration
- Completed New Student Enrollment Packet
- Original birth certificate (or certified copy which includes a certificate number and is issued by the state), passport or other documents suitable as proof of the student's identity. See School Board Policy FD (EXHIBIT).
- Texas law requires the parent enrolling a student under the age of 11 to:
- provide the original or certified copy of the student’s birth certificate at the time of registration; or
- provide other reliable proof of the child’s identity and age (e.g., passport) plus a signed statement explaining the inability to produce an original or certified copy of the birth certificate. See form Policy FD (Exhibit C).
- Current immunization record signed by a physician. Immunizations, per Texas requirements, must be up to date with proper documentation prior to enrollment and attending class.
- Proof of residency in Plano ISD (natural gas or electricity bill, original lease agreement, or approved certificate of eligibility to enroll form)
- Most recent report card/withdrawal slip from previous school
- Social Security card (if available; if not, the student will be assigned a state ID number)
- High school transcript (if applicable)
- Parent’s valid driver’s license, or state identification card, or guardian information form and guardian’s driver’s license or state identification card.
- If parent or guardian is not a licensed driver or has not obtained a state ID card, other photo ID will be considered including, but not limited to, a passport or employment identification card.
- Early Childhood Programs: Military Dependents (Department of Defense ID required)
- Early Childhood Programs: Letter documenting conservatorship by the Department of Family and Protective Services
- Early Childhood Programs: Proof of income, if applicable (current paycheck stub, tax return, food stamp documentation or Food and Nutritional Services letter)