10/29 7th-grade Volleyball Game vs. Wilson MS Canceled
Due to a test-confirmed COVID-19 case and related close contacts affecting Wilson Middle School, our 7th-grade volleyball game scheduled for Thursday, October 29, has been canceled. We will keep you updated regarding future games.
Rice Middle School Virtual Open House
Since we are not able to welcome our families into the building for Open House, we have created a virtual Open House for your to visit. Each of your child's teachers have created a 5-10 minute video with information they feel is necessary for you to view. Please take a moment to take a virtual tour of Rice Middle School as well as visit your child's teachers virtually. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to your child's teacher.
Thanks for your continued support as we all tread through the pandemic together. We hope you all are taking care and we hope to see you in person at another Open House event soon.
Rice Middle School Staff
As football games begin this week for high school and senior high teams, and next week for middle school teams, please remember the following guidelines:
• All spectators must complete the COVID-19 self-screening
• The PISD bag policy will be in place
• Face coverings are required
• Social distancing is expected in all areas of the stadium including the student section
• Congregating in the concourse area or walkways will not be allowed
• Tickets are available online only
• Rides should be arranged in advance for transportation home in a timely manner
Classes begin at 8:25. While the building opens at 7:50, we are asking parents to drop their children off after 8:10. Students won't be congregating in the cafeteria or gym like they did in the past. They will be reporting directly to their 1st period class.
Please talk to your child about using appropriate social distancing while on campus.
- Front driveway is for BUSES ONLY, do not use this driveway for carpool.
- 6th grade students AND their sibling/carpool partner:
- Dropped off and picked up along the driveway outside the cafeteria along the band hall. Students enter in the cafeteria. Parents exit on Gifford.
- 7th and 8th grade students:
- Dropped off and picked up along the driveway by Russell Creek. Students enter the building through front doors or pod doors (if open). Parents exit on Russell Creek.
- Students will enter the building through the front doors at arrival.
Due to a wavier from the USDA, all Plano students will receive free breakfast and lunch as long as funds are available. Curbside pickup is available for School@Home learners at Clark HS, McMillen HS, Shepton HS, Vines HS and Williams HS. Read More.
Debido a una exención del USDA, todos los estudiantes de Plano recibirán desayuno y almuerzo gratis mientras haya fondos disponibles. Se ofrecen paquetes de comida semanales gratuitos cada martes para los alumnos en School@Home (Escuela en Casa). Recogido de comidas es de 9:30 a 10:30 a.m. y de 4:45 p.m. a 6:00 p.m. en las escuelas secundarias Clark, McMillen, Shepton Vines y Williams. Lea más.