How to start a new club at Rice Middle School
Rice Philosophy on clubs and activities:
- We welcome students to create their own clubs to meet their interests. All they need to do is find a teacher to be a sponsor of the club and then obtain the appropriate paperwork from the front office. Please see the administration if there are any questions. Below is information about the types of clubs we have at Plano East and how to start a new one.
There are two types of clubs for students at Rice.
- Curricular Clubs which are linked to a specific curricular content. These clubs stay current each year.
- Non-Curricular Clubs which are student initiated and driven. These clubs start over each year due, so they are driven by the interest of our current student body.
Steps to Starting a Club:
- When students have an interest to start a club, the first step is to identify a sponsor who will sponsor the club.
- The sponsor will work with administration to determine if the club falls in the curricular club or non-curricular club category.
- Depending on what category of club, either the teacher (if a curricular club) or the student (if non-curricular) will start the on-line process to form the club.
- Clubs cannot begin meeting until all paperwork is approved. An email will be sent to the sponsor and student when the club is official and can start meeting.
**Clubs for each new school year cannot begin forming until the first day of school!**
Link for students to start non-curricular clubs: