Plano West Physical Day
We are very pleased to announce an exciting opportunity for all of our incoming 7-12 student-athletes in the West feeder cluster. On Wednesday, May 12th, we are hosting a mass “Physical Day” from 3:00-6:00 in the competition gym at Plano West. Athletic Trainer Courtney Goree has retained the services of doctors and PAs from around the local area to provide our kids with the opportunity to receive physicals for the 2021-2022 school year at a cost of $20 (CASH ONLY).
It is important to remember that we will be collecting physicals for the 2021-2022 school year for each and every athlete in our program. This will serve as a tremendous opportunity to promote obtaining a physical before this school year ends, right here on the Plano West campus, at an incredibly reasonable cost.
As a reminder, Plano ISD is going to YEARLY physicals; all athletes will need a new physical dated after April 1, 2021, for the 2021-2022 school year.
Date: Wednesday, May 12
3:15 - Plano West athletes
4:15 - Feeder school athletes
5:15 – Incoming freshmen & Middle School Athletes
Please visit the following link for more information: https://linktr.ee/PlanoWestATs.
In addition, please visit RankOne at https://planoisd.rankonesport.com for access to important online forms. Please note: Online forms for 2021-2022 will not be available to fill out until July 2021.
Spring Library and ELAR Novel Return
Library Books –
- 4/30 - Last day to check out books
- 5/7 – All library books are DUE.
Face-to-Face Students (grades 6-8) –
- Return your ELAR novels to your ELAR teacher by 5/7.
- Return your library books to the Rice library by 5/7.
School@Home Students (grades 6-8) –
Please return all ELAR novels and library books during one of the following times –
- 7th and 8th graders who are taking the EOC return novels as you enter the building (front doors or 800 hallway pod)
- 6th– 8th graders who are not taking EOC can return books in the front driveway between 10 am-2 pm. Make sure all books are labeled with your name, student ID, teacher's name, and class period. Books should be placed in the trunk for contact-free return.
5/6 & 5/7 -
- 8th graders who are taking STAAR Science & STAAR Social Studies return books to the 900 pod.
- 6th – 8th graders who are not taking EOC can return books in the front driveway between 10 am-2 pm. Make sure all books are labeled with your name, student ID, teacher's name, and class period. Books should be placed in the trunk for contact-free return.
Cloth Mask Sale
Many students have been coming to school without masks, and several students have said they have lost their custom Rice Ravens masks. We have a special sale on our Rice Raven cloth masks! 3 masks for $10!!!
See Ruth Ray in the front office to get your whole family set up with Rice Middle School Masks!
Journey to Jag Country
Jasper High School Welcomes 8th Grade Families to Journey to Jag Country! Please take some time to watch a welcome from Principal Lee, a student panel discussion sharing what they wished they knew when they started, and then explore the materials at your leisure.
Classes begin at 8:25. While the building opens at 7:50, we are asking parents to drop their children off after 8:10. Students won't be congregating in the cafeteria or gym like they did in the past. They will be reporting directly to their 1st period class.
Please talk to your child about using appropriate social distancing while on campus.
- Front driveway is for BUSES ONLY, do not use this driveway for carpool.
- 6th grade students AND their sibling/carpool partner:
- Dropped off and picked up along the driveway outside the cafeteria along the band hall. Students enter in the cafeteria. Parents exit on Gifford.
- 7th and 8th grade students:
- Dropped off and picked up along the driveway by Russell Creek. Students enter the building through front doors or pod doors (if open). Parents exit on Russell Creek.
- Students will enter the building through the front doors at arrival.
Enrollment Open for Head Start, Prek & Kindergarten / Inscripción para 2021-2022 Head Start, Prek and Kindergarten
Let's Rock Enrollment! Online enrollment for early childhood is open. Visit our web portal for information and applications. Visite nuestro portal web para obtener información y solicitudes.
Plano ISD will host a virtual job fair for teachers and classroom support staff on June 2 from 2-4 p.m. All campuses will have a virtual booth where candidates can visit, connect and chat with campus administrators about current and future opportunities. Preregistration is required.
Plano ISD is committed to providing all students with a safe and nurturing learning environment. Plano ISD has resources and a communications process in place to assist families in discussing or reporting any concerns, including experiences with bullying, harassment, threats or acts of racism. Read the full Parent Guide for Addressing Bullying & Harassment Concerns. Read More.
El distrito escolar de Plano se compromete a proporcionar a todos los alumnos un ambiente de aprendizaje seguro y enriquecedor. El ISD de Plano tiene recursos y un proceso de comunicación para ayudar a las familias a discutir o reportar cualquier preocupación, incluyendo experiencias de intimidación, acoso, amenazas o actos de racismo. Lea el Guía Completa para Padres sobre cómo tratar los problemas de intimidación y acoso. Leer más.