The 8th-grade football game scheduled for Tuesday, September 29, has been cancelled. We will provide updates regarding future games.
Attention Current 8th graders:
8th-grade students who were eligible to join the Rice Middle School Chapter of National Junior Honor Society would have received an invitation to join the NJHS 2020-2021 Google Classroom. The application will be available on the Google Classroom from September 28th- October 19th.
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Jimenez or Mrs. Owen.
As football games begin this week for high school and senior high teams, and next week for middle school teams, please remember the following guidelines:
• All spectators must complete the COVID-19 self-screening
• The PISD bag policy will be in place
• Face coverings are required
• Social distancing is expected in all areas of the stadium including the student section
• Congregating in the concourse area or walkways will not be allowed
• Tickets are available online only
• Rides should be arranged in advance for transportation home in a timely manner
Classes begin at 8:25. While the building opens at 7:50, we are asking parents to drop their children off after 8:10. Students won't be congregating in the cafeteria or gym like they did in the past. They will be reporting directly to their 1st period class.
Please talk to your child about using appropriate social distancing while on campus.
- Front driveway is for BUSES ONLY, do not use this driveway for carpool.
- 6th grade students AND their sibling/carpool partner:
- Dropped off and picked up along the driveway outside the cafeteria along the band hall. Students enter in the cafeteria. Parents exit on Gifford.
- 7th and 8th grade students:
- Dropped off and picked up along the driveway by Russell Creek. Students enter the building through front doors or pod doors (if open). Parents exit on Russell Creek.
- Students will enter the building through the front doors at arrival.
High School/Senior High School Hybrid Cohort Calendar Adjustment
In order to ensure that both cohorts A and B participate in the same number of synchronous learning days, Monday, October 5, has been designated a synchronous day for cohort A students (last names beginning with A-L). This change applies to both face-to-face and PISD School@Home learning environments. Cohort B students will participate in asynchronous activities on October 5.
Due to a wavier from the USDA, all Plano students will receive free breakfast and lunch until Dec. 31 or as long as funds are available. Effective, Sept. 15, free weekly meal bundles are available for curbside pickup for School@Home learners at Clark HS, Shepton HS and Williams HS on Tuesdays from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Documentation required if child not present. Hybrid learners can pick up free meal bundles in the school cafeteria on Tues. (cohort A) or Wed. (cohort B) from 4:15 to 4:30 p.m. for off-campus consumption on asynchronous learning days. Read More.
Debido a una exención del USDA, todos los estudiantes de Plano recibirán desayuno y almuerzo gratis hasta el 31 de diciembre o mientras haya fondos disponibles. A partir del 15 de septiembre, se ofrecen paquetes de comida semanales gratuitos cada martes para los alumnos en School@Home (Escuela en Casa). Recogido de comidas es de 9:30 a 10:30 a.m. y de 4:45 p.m. a 6:00 p.m. en las escuelas secundarias Clark, Shepton y Williams. Se requiere documentación si el niño no está presente. Los alumnos en aprendizaje híbrido pueden recoger los paquetes de comida gratis en la cafetería de la escuela los martes (cohorte A) o el miércoles. (cohorte B) de 4:15 a 4:30 p.m. para el consumo fuera de la escuela en los días de aprendizaje asincrónico. Lea más.