Professional Learning Overview
Professional Learning Vision Statement
The Plano ISD will create and sustain professional learning communities for all staff to foster personal and professional growth and student achievement.
Professional Learning Guiding Principles
The Plano ISD professional learning program will…
- Be differentiated to meet the diverse learning needs of staff.
- Emphasize the importance of learning as the desired outcome rather than the total hours of attendance in a session.
- Support each staff member when planning, fulfilling, and monitoring his/her professional learning experiences.
- Prepare all employees to understand and appreciate all students and to hold high expectations for their students’ academic achievement and personal growth.
- Promote innovative practices and job-embedded, timely learning opportunities with continuing follow-up.
- Incorporate learning communities with goals aligned to those of the state, district, cluster, school, and/or individuals.
- Deepen educators’ content knowledge, provide them with research-based instructional strategies, prepare them to use various types of assessments, and provide them with the knowledge and skills necessary to involve families in their children’s education.
- Reflect a collaborative, unified program seeking continuous improvement, while diversifying the structure to honor the unique needs of early childhood, elementary, middle, high, and senior high campuses.
- Assess the merit, worth, and effectiveness of professional learning initiatives and activities.
Instructional Technology: Summer Learning Catalog
- Guide your digital age students into becoming empowered learners, digital citizens, knowledge constructors, innovative designers, computational thinkers, creative communicators, and global collaborators by effectively integrating technology into your current instruction.
- Check out the full catalog of Professional Learning Options: 2017 Instructional Technology Catalog