Parents and Guardians:
The last week of school May 18--22, will be dedicated to students picking up award certificates, medications, contents from their school and gym lockers, and yearbooks; as well as dropping off chromebooks and it's charger, library books, and textbooks. We request that you adhere to the following guidelines for a smooth curbside exchange.
- Please remain in your vehicle as parents and students will not be allowed to enter the building.
- Student's name and ID number should be clearly visible in vehicle window.
- Each student will receive a bag labeled with the student's name if there were any items left at school. The student at that time will also return any items that belong to the school. Please see list below.
- 8th graders are scheduled for May 18 and 19 and will drive through the front circle
- 7th graders are scheduled for May 20 and 21 and will drive through the front circle
- In the front circle, traffic should move in a single line. You may pull away from the curb and into the left lane after drop off or pick up if the the lane is open and it will move the carpool line forward.
- 6th graders are scheduled for May 19 and 20 and will pick up and drop off at the back of the school by the cafeteria doors.
- For ease of traffic flow, please enter the from the gym side and exit past the tennis courts.
Families are not allowed to pick up belongings for other students. Students will only receive items from their assigned locker.
Student Item Exchange:
- Students Return: Chromebooks, Chromebook Charger, Library Books, ELAR Novels, Textbooks, any other MMS Supplies
- Students Pick-up: Bag filled with main locker contents, PE/athletics’ locker contents, award certificates, & yearbook (if purchased)
A schedule has also been provided below to help you plan. Families with multiple students at Murphy can choose to attend the different times dedicated to each grade, or they can come during the "all grades" time and pick up supplies for all students at the same time.
Thank you in advance for helping make this a smooth transition.
Parents, you may also contact your child's counselor if you have questions.
6th grade questions: Sylvia Lansing
7th grade questions: Melissa Allcorn
8th grade questions: Terri Azcarate
IMPORTANT - NEED RESPONSE FROM ALL FAMILIES WHO BORROWED A CHROMEBOOK
The district is committed to the following:
By providing access to devices and/or Internet connections, we have reduced the equity gap that exists among our students. If we can support that narrowing effect throughout the summer and beyond, we should.
Families/students have the option to return Chromebooks to campuses the week of May 18 if they:
- Don’t think they will be useful as a learning support over the summer and/or don’t want to be burdened with the responsibility of keeping track of them and/or no longer need them.
- We will need to collect Chromebooks from students who are not going to return to Plano ISD for the 2020-2021 school year.
- We will need to solicit acknowledgements from students and/or parents to verify the intent to keep or return the Chromebook.
- If you choose to keep the Chromebook, we will send an email indicating when the Chromebooks will be returned.
Please pick up your child's medication on your scheduled time to pick up your student’s items or before May 22, 2020 the last day of school.
All medications that have not been picked up from the school clinic before school lets out for summer break will be destroyed without notification.
Unused medication will not be sent home with a student
Please call me if you have any questions regarding this policy.
It has been a pleasure to provide health care to your child this school year. I hope your summer is safe and healthy.
Joan Boswell, R.N.
Library Book Information
Student Item Pick Up / Drop Off FAQ