Welcome to the Murphy Middle School Library! As a middle school student, you may use the library for book exchange, research, homework assistance, as a reading space, and more. The library is open during the school day to study, read, check out and return books. I am so glad you are visiting! This website is meant to be 24/7 access to information about the library, its programs, and its resources. I am here to serve you and welcome questions and suggestions.
Library Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 7:50 AM - 3:40 PM
Library Google Classroom Codes: 23-24 Codes will be posted soon
The MMS Library Google Classroom is a resource for students and parents to get information about upcoming library programming, resources, and events. It is NOT a course, it is NOT for a grade, and everything on the library GC is completely optional and just for fun.
6th grade library Google Classroom code:
7th grade library Google Classroom code:
8th grade library Google Classroom code:
Check out our new books below - place a hold or come by the library today!
Frequently Asked Questions
- When is the library open? The library is open from 7:50-3:40 pm.
- When can I come to the library? Students can come to the library anytime between 7:50 am -3:40 pm as long as it is to read, check out books, work on projects, study, be a part of a class, or participate in a club/library event. Students coming during class time need a pass unless their teacher is with them.
- How many items can I check out and when are they due? 3 books at a time for a 3-week period.
- How do I return books? You may drop them in the hallway book drop at any time, or in the inside book drop when the library is open.
- Can I check out magazines? Yes! You may take one magazine at a time for one week. This is on an honor system. There is no barcode to scan. Please return so that others can enjoy the magazine as well.
- How do I see what books are available in the library? Use our online library catalog to search for books in the Murphy Middle School library.
- Can I place a book on hold? Yes, you place up to 5 books on hold by logging into the catalog system. Click here to learn how to place a hold.
- What if I have an overdue item? We do not charge late fees. However, you must return overdue items before new items can be checked out. School Messenger phone messages go out to guardians to remind you.
- What if my book is lost or damaged? You will need to pay for a lost or damaged book using cash, check or our the online payment system Rycor. Please let the librarian know if your book is lost or damaged.
- Can I suggest new books for the library? Yes! There is an online suggestion box on our library Google Classroom page.
- How can I do research from home? Use the online research tools here from Plano ISD.
- How can I read eBooks from home? Information about our new Sora E-books will be coming soon.
- What if I need help? Ask Ms. Edmondson! Email email@example.com or call 469 752 7027.