The Open Records Section processes requests for public records made pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act. Plano ISD is a governmental entity separate from the City of Plano.
Need Student Records?
Parent, guardians, students or their representatives must request student records from the campus where the student last attended school.
Requests for general information or general questions not involving requests for records can be made to email@example.com.
Submitting Open Records Requests
As provided by the Texas Public Information Act, all open records requests must be made in writing.
- Submit requests electronically through the PISD Open Records Center
- Alternatively you may submit by mail or in person to:
Robyn White Plano ISD
Open Records Section
2700 W. 15th Street Plano, Texas 75075
Charges & Fees
Plano ISD charges fees authorized by the Texas Public Information Act. If the fees will result in a charge exceeding $40.00, the district will provide the requestor with a written estimate detailing the charges that will be imposed. The following fees apply to Open Records requests:
- $15.00 per hour labor charge for locating, compiling, reproducing, reviewing and redacting information (>50 pages)
- $28.50 per hour labor charge for computer programming when needed
- 20% overhead fee added to labor charges
- 10 cents per page for letter-sized paper copies
- 15 cents per page for legal-sized paper copies
- $1.00 per CD
- $3.00 per DVD
We may ask for clarification of your request if it is not clear what information or records you are seeking. Include the following, if applicable:
• Date range of the records requested
• Department or person you believe may possess the records
• Location involved
In responding to requests, the district is not required to:
• Prepare or Create New Information
• Prepare Answers to Questions
• Perform General or Legal Research
Timelines and Deadlines
As provided by the Texas Public Information Act, Plano ISD will provide the requested information promptly. Depending upon the complexity of the request and volume of other pending requests, this is typically 10 business days. If we are unable to complete your request within 10 business days, we will notify you of the date we expect to complete your request. If your request includes information that we believe is confidential or excepted from release, we will submit a request for an opinion to the Texas Attorney General to determine whether the requested information may be released or must be withheld.