• Student Observations

  • Plano ISD welcomes student teachers and observers during the fall and spring semesters. To request a placement for student teacher or observing, please follow the guidelines and steps listed below.

  • 1. Determine if your request is from a Partner University

    Universities that partner with the Plano ISD for student observation placement include:

    Austin College
    Baylor University
    Dallas Baptist University
    Stephen F. Austin State University
    Southern Methodist University
    The University of Texas at Dallas
    Texas A&M University - College Station
    Texas A&M University - Commerce
    Texas Christian University
    Texas State University
    Texas Tech University
    Texas Woman’s University
    University of North Texas
    University of Texas at Arlington

    Alternative Certification Programs
    ACT Houston - at Dallas
    Collin College
    Region 10
    Southern Methodist University
    Texas A&M University - Commerce
    Texas Teachers of Tomorrow

  • 2. Review Program Timelines

    FALL semester observation requests must be received by October 1.
    SPRING semester observation requests must be received by March 1.  

  • 3. Complete Application

    Students must complete and submit the Plano ISD online Volunteer Application
    The Criminal History background check will be run upon completion of the application. 

  • 4. Submit Request

    University personnel and/or student observers should submit request for student observation placements to:

    Darci Miller
    (469) 752-8923

    Plano Independent School District
    2700 West 15th St.
    Plano, TX 75075


    Plano ISD Identification Badge

    Identification Badges will be issued at the campus you will be observing after placements have been confirmed. They must be worn at all times.

    In order to obtain a badge using the Raptor System on the specified campus, you will need to provide proof of identification during each observation.

    You may use a Current Driver's License, State/Government Issued ID Card, or a Military ID Card.