To provide support and services to new teachers that result in quality instruction, student achievement, and the retention of new teachers.
A high quality mentoring experience:
- provides social and emotional counsel and guidance transitioning into the job
- coaches effective curricular, instructional, and assessment skills
- fosters collaborative learning and networking
- offers differentiated services to meet the varied needs and experiences of participants
- accommodates needs that may extend beyond the first year of employment
- supports mentors with training and materials as appropriate
- practices continuous improvement.
Professional Learning Contacts
Ivan.Cantu@pisd.edu Director, Professional Learning
Edna.Phythian@pisd.edu Coordinator, Professional Learning
Marcus.Miller@pisd.edu Coordinator, Employee Learning