Separation from Employment
In order to separate from Plano ISD, you must submit a letter of separation to your principal or supervisor. The letter must be dated and include the effective date of your separation and your signature. You must also complete a Notice of Separation from Employment form and submit to your principal or supervisor along with your letter of separation.
About the Separation Process:
- If you are interested in requesting a refund of your TRS member contribution, you may download the TRS 6 form. The form must be signed and notarized and submitted / mailed directly to TRS in Austin.
- Final paychecks will be direct deposited. If you have any questions regarding your final paycheck, please contact the Payroll Department at 469-752-8128.
- If you need to update your address complete the Address Change Form.
- If you have any questions regarding insurance coverage (including COBRA), contact the PISD Benefits and Risk Management Department or call 469-752-8138.
- To request your district service records, complete and submit the Service Record Request form. Service records will be provided 30 days after the later of: the date the request form is received; or the last day of employment.
- If you are eligible and would like to be recognized at the annual service event, you may complete the Annual Service Recognition Event Form. If you have questions regarding the event or the form, please contact the Communications Department at (469) 752-8150.
- If you are interested in substituting, refer to the Current / Former Employee section on the Substitute Information page.
Hints while still employed by PISD
- Employee Service Center - You may view your personal information, employment records, and payroll information (this includes W-2 information). After your last day of employment, this information is still accessible, by creating a new login. Select "Need an Account? Register" and complete the required fields to create a new login. Do not use the same User ID and Password. Contact the Help Desk with questions at 469-752-8767.
- When an employee separates from Plano ISD, the employee will no longer be able to access district network resources upon their separation date.
- District H drive - Save any necessary documents to a personal flash drive for future use.
- Google Drive - When an employee separates from Plano ISD, the employee will no longer be able to access their Google Drive upon their separation date. Google Drive documents owned by the separating employee will disappear after 90 days, even if those documents have previously been shared with colleagues. Therefore, users need to make preparations to either download and
re-upload,or to transfer ownership of files. Instructions for transferring your files. Contact Instructional Technology if you need assistance.
Retiring through TRS
- If you are retiring through the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), please contact them directly. You may access their website or call 1-800-223-8778. Please note: Although your separation is processed through PISD, your retirement is processed through the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS).
- You will receive a Notice of Final Deposit Before Retirement directly from TRS after you have requested retirement information. This is also referred to as the TRS 7 Form. This form is submitted by you to PISD payroll for completion and submission to TRS directly from PISD.
- Please refer to the FAQ's for frequently asked retirement questions.
For submission of separation documents or questions about the separation process, please email email@example.com.
We appreciate your service to the students of PISD and wish you the best in your future endeavors!