• Separation from Employment

    In order to separate (or resign) from Plano Independent School District, complete the: 


    Notice of Separation from Employment form

    (If prompted to log in, type ad\firstname.lastname and your network password, or use the "Windows Authentication" button.)


    The online form should be completed in full, including fields for personal e-mail address.

    You will be prompted to upload a letter of separation/resignation.  This step is optional, but recommended.

    Once your form is submitted, your supervisor will receive a copy of your separation information. 

    Note: For employees on Chapter 21 contracts, the penalty-free date for submitting your resignation is 45 days before the first day of instruction. 

    For questions about the separation process, please contact the Human Resources Department at employeerecords@pisd.edu or (469) 752-8125.

  • Information about Separating

    • If you have a child/children enrolled in Plano ISD's Employee Child Care Center, a written withdrawal notice must be submitted at least 30 days in advance to the Child Care Coordinator prior to the withdrawal date.  Failure to inform the Employee Child Care Center may result in continued payroll deductions. 
    • Upon their effective date of separation, a separated employee will no longer have access to district network resources (including district drives and Google Drive). Because Google Drive documents owned by the separating employee will disappear, users need to make preparations to either download and re-upload, or to transfer ownership of their files; refer to Instructions for transferring your files.  For assistance regarding district drive and/or Google Drive accesses, contact Instructional Technology.
    • Plano ISD does not return previously submitted, original transcripts, as they are part of your employee personnel file and kept for retention.
    • Employee Service Center – after your effective date of separation, you may view your personal information, employment records and payroll information, including paychecks and W-2s, in the Employee Service Center.  Simply register for an account by: clicking the “Register” link after "Need an Account?” and complete the required fields.  If you encounter any technical issues, contact the Help Desk with questions at (469) 752-8767.
    • Final paychecks will be direct deposited.  If you need to update your direct deposit prior to your final check, please contact the Payroll Department at (469) 752-8108.
    • If you end your employment before your last duty day of the year, your accrued leave will be prorated based on the actual time employed.  If you have already used more accrued leave than you have earned, your final paycheck will be reduced by the amount of leave used beyond your prorated entitlement for the year.
    • If you need to update your address, complete the Address Change Form.                             
    • Click here to learn when your benefits will end, depending on whether your last day of employment is during the school year or the last day of the school year/over the summer.  If you have additional questions regarding insurance coverage (including COBRA), contact the PISD Benefits and Risk Management Department or call (469) 752-8138.  
    • If you are eligible and would like to be recognized at the annual service event, you may complete the Annual Service Recognition Event Form. If you have questions regarding the event or the form, please contact the Communications Department at (469) 752-8150.                      
    • If you are interested in substituting, refer to the Substitute Information page. 

  • Service Records

    • If your official service records will be required for future school district employment, at any time you may complete and submit the Service Record Request form. Service record requests will be processed 30 days after the date the request form is received by the Human Resources Office, or 30 days after the last date of employment, whichever is later.         
    • If you're no longer working in a public school district and need another type of form completed, please email your request to Employee Records.                                                                                                                                     

  • TRS and Retirement

    • Employees who are retiring through the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), please contact them directly. Individuals may access their website or call 1-800-223-8778. Please note, although your separation is processed through PISD, your retirement is processed through the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS).
    • If you are retiring with TRS, your Retirement Certification will be submitted online once your final check has been issued. 
    • If you are interested in requesting a refund of your TRS member contribution, you may download the TRS 6 form. The form must be signed and notarized and submitted/mailed directly to TRS in Austin.
    • Please refer to the Retirement FAQs for frequently asked retirement questions

  • We appreciate your service to the students of PISD, and wish you the best in your future endeavors!

  • Commonly Accessed Forms