This community resources guide has been developed for Plano ISD parents, students, or staff and provides a collection of community resources serving our community. It is easily searchable by category, zip code, or agency name, and includes resources to help with counseling, family literacy, GED and ESL services, medical, dental, mental health services, and financial literacy. This guide also includes resources to help with basic needs such as housing, food, clothing and transportation. This guide has been created to be inclusive of many resources, but does not reflect the endorsement, sponsorship, position or expression of the Plano Independent School District.
Other Food Assistance Resources
North Texas Food BankThe North Texas Food Bank is encouraging families to fully utilize their Partner Agency network. Their online map is updated daily to reflect current available resources. Families can locate food pantries closest to them by entering their zip code.
NTFB Mobile Food Pantry: Drive through to receive a free box of shelf-stable items. See the updated calendar information here.
Minnie's Food Pantry
Plano ISD is partnering with Minnie's Food Pantry to help support district families who may be experiencing food insecurity.
Minnie's Food Pantry is open Monday-Saturday 8:30-11:30AM*
*They are closed every 5th Saturday
Families can receive food assistance once per calendar month.
WHAT YOU NEED:
In order to receive food assistance at Minnie's Food Pantry, bring these two things:
- Acceptable Form of ID:
- Identification Card
- Library Card with Your Photo
- Credit Card with Your Photo
- Debit Card with Your Photo
- Acceptable Form of Verification
- Utility Bill, Lease, Government Documents (Social Security letter, voter’s registration card, Jury Duty notice, HUD letter, SNAP benefits form, car registration, IRS statement, property tax statement). MUST BE DATED WITHIN 60 DAYS.
For more information, visit Minnie's Food Pantry website.
The Storehouse of Collin County (Food Pantry)
7 Loaves Food Pantry (The Storehouse of Collin County)
- Must reside in their service area
- Must present photo ID
- Must present proof of residency
- Clients may visit once every month
Other resources available:
- Supplemental food
- Free, gently used clothing through Joseph's Coat
- Full-sized hygiene items through the Plus One program
- Assistance in accessing available county social services
- Periodic needs such as school supplies and holiday meal boxes (for existing pantry clients)
For more information, visit The Storehouse of Collin County website.
Grocery Stores (with Modified Hours)
View a list of grocery stores in the Collin County area that has modified hours (subject to change).
*Drive-through food pantry & diapers available
Thursday: 10AM-12PM; 5PM-7PM
1st & 3rd Saturday (every month): 10AM-12PM
For more information, visit 5 Loaves Food Pantry website.
Amazing Grace Food Pantry
Tuesdays: 10am to 2pm
Thursdays: 6pm to 8pm
Saturdays: 8am to 12pm
- Paper products, toiletries, baby food and pet food* (in short supply)
- Serves Collin County residents
- You must provide proof of residency. A utility bill from the last 30 days showing applicant name and address or a letter on company letterhead from landlord indicating proof of residency in the last 30 days.
- You must provide proof of identity. Only a picture ID will suffice, a state driver’s license, state identification, military identification, foreign consulate-issued identification (ie. Matricula Consular)
- You must meet income guidelines. Guidelines based on 185% of the latest
- Federal Income Poverty Guidelines
- Unsure if you qualify? Come see us anyway! We can help no matter your situation.
- *May visit once per week
For more information, visit Amazing Grace Food Pantry website.
- Acceptable Form of ID: