Mental Health & Counseling Resources
Hotlines & Crisis Numbers
*For life-threatening emergencies, including threat of injury to self or others, call 911 immediately
National Suicide Hotline
LifePath Crisis Hotline
This hotline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Trained behavioral health professionals are standing by to assist you. This service is available for all adults and children living in Collin County, regardless of insurance or income status. If appropriate, a Mobile Crisis Outreach Team will be sent to assess the crisis and provide assistance.
The Mobile Crisis Outreach Team (MCOT) consists of 12 behavioral health specialists available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. They are clinically staffed mobile treatment teams that provide prompt face-to-face crisis assessment, crisis intervention, crisis follow-up, and relapse prevention for up to 90 days for individuals in the community. The goals of the MCOT are:
- Prompt assessment and evaluation in the community
- Stabilization in the least restrictive environment
- Crisis resolution
- Linkage to appropriate services
- Reduction of inpatient and law enforcement interventions
COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line
Texas Health and Human Services launched a 24/7 statewide mental health support line for anyone experiencing depression, anxiety, or mental health concerns related to the changes and transitions surrounding COVID-19
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
For more information, visit the Texas Health and Human Services website.
Plano ISD Counseling Services
If you need information or support from your school counselor, you may contact them via email. You can find a list of counselors and their email addresses on the Contact Us webpage or on your child’s school's website.
School social workers are on staff at some campuses and they may be contacted by parents in the same way as counselors. During school closures counselors and social workers are able to continue to support students and families with academic success, social and emotional growth, and college, career and military readiness.
For more counseling resources, visit the Resources for Families during the School Closure webpage.
- 2150 S. Central Exy #160, McKinney, TX 75072
- FREE counseling services - call for more information!
- Offering video or phone counseling services
- Offering Telehealth services: 214-351-3490 or emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clinic based services: 214-351-3490 or 1-866-695-3794
- 4031 West Plano Pkwy, Suite 211 Plano, Texas 75093
- Accepts insurance and sliding scale
- Open 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.