Recognition/Achievements Summary for 2017-2018
Student Professional Certifications
A total of 2193 industry certifications were received by Plano ISD CTE students in 2017-18 in the following areas:
- American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider Certification 300 (282 prev. year)
- American Heart Association First Aid CPR AED Certification 706 (831 prev. year)
- AutoCAD Certified User 15 (6 prev. year)
- Autodesk Inventor Certified User 7 (first year)
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Certified User 1 (first year)
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) 93 (76 prev. year)
- Certified Electrocardiogram Technician (CET/EKG) 4 (9 prev. year)
- Certified Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) 8 (8 prev. year)
- Certified Nurse Aide/Assistant (CNA) 134 (108 prev. year)
- Certified Patient Care Technician (PCT) 8 (11 prev. year)
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) 69 (51 prev. year)
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) 5 (6 prev. year)
- Certified Veterinary Assistant (CVA/TVMA) 43 (45 prev. year)
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) 3 (1 prev. year)
- Floral Design Certification Level 1 (TSFA) 12 (20 prev. year)
- Food Handlers Certification 14 (43 prev. year)
- Hill’s Pet Nutrition Advocate Level I Certification 16 (82 prev. year)
- IC3 (Internet and Computing Core Certification 37 (first year)
- I-CAR (Inter-Industry Conference on Auto Collision Repair) 14 (first year)
- Microsoft Office 2016 Specialist (MOS)
- Word 209 (245 prev. year)
- PowerPoint 157 (291 prev. year)
- Excel 111 (189 prev. year)
- Access 12 (50 prev. year)
- Word Expert 9 (1 prev. year)
- Excel Expert 2 (0 prev. year)
- Office Specialist Series (All 4 passed) 11
- OSHA 10-Hour General Industry (Healthcare) 36 (30 prev. year)
- OSHA 3-Hour Safety Awareness Training 15 (29 prev. year)
- ProStart Foundations of Restaurant Management Level 1 16
- ProStart Foundations of Restaurant Management Level 2 6
- Texas Boater Education 13 (6 prev. year)
- Texas Hunter Education Certification 55 (22 prev. year)
- Texas Private Security Level II (Texas Department of Public Safety) 60 (first year)
Precision Exams Certifications
Plano ISD CTE students received 2698 Precision Exams Career Skills Certifications in 2017-18. Precision Exams Certification tests are industry-aligned standards-based assessments that validate the knowledge and skills CTE students have gained. (1,041 prev. year)
Health Sciences Academy
- 36 students graduated from the four year HSA program (58 prev. year)
- 4313 hours of community service was performed by the HSA Class of 2018 while in the Academy
- 1884 hours of college credit earned by HSA Class of 2017 (2040 prev. year)
- 1194 workforce dual credit (1235 prev. year) o 690 academic dual credit (805 prev. year)
- $971, 854 scholarship money offered to HSA Class of 2018 (1,076,000 prev. year)
- 42 healthcare certifications earned (64 prev. year)
CTE Career Preparations Program
There were 184 (210 prev. year) Plano ISD CTE students in Career Preparation courses participating in training and working through business partnerships in the area.
CTE Practicum and Internships
436 (486 prev. year)
- 216 (240 prev. year) CTE Health Science students observed and trained in clinical rotations at over 100 area health care professional field sites
- 56 (75 prev. year) CTE Health Sciences Academy 12th grade students participated in preceptorships with area health care professional field sites
- 39 (30 prev. year) CTE Veterinary Technician students observed and trained at area veterinary facilities
- 96 (95 prev. year) CTE FCS Instructional Practices/Practicum in Education & Training students observed and trained at area elementary, middle school and preschool field sites
- 28 (40 prev. year) CTE Culinary students participated in practicum experiences at East Side Bistro
- ● 1 (6 prev. year) CTE Floral Design students observed and trained at a local floral shop
CTSO (Career & Technical Student Organizations) Community Service & Competitions for 2017-18
- Plano ISD CTE students logged over 14,000 hours in community service projects! (10000+ prev. year)
- 169 Plano ISD CTE students advanced to State level competitions in BPA, DECA, FFA, FCCLA, HOSA, and SkillsUSA (166 prev. year)
- 321 entries in Agricultural Sciences/FFA competitions at various levels. (327 entries prev. year).
- 31 Plano ISD CTE students advanced to National/International level competitions! 39 prev. year)
- Plano East Culinary Arts student, Lana Vong won 1st Place at SkillsUSA Nationals in Restaurant Services, advisor Lois Conwell! Plano West students, John McDonald and Eugenio Gonzalez won 5th Place in the SkillsUSA National TV Production competition, advisor Sarah Mateo!
- Warren Chen, Plano Senior High School, placed 1st in Intermediate Word Processing at the National BPA (Business Professionals of America) Competition in Grapevine, TX.
- Walid Al-Baki,Corey Li, Evan Hara, and Hermina Lapteacru, Plano Senior High School, placed 2nd in Video Production Team at the National BPA (Business Professionals of America) Competition in Grapevine, TX.
- Karen Chen, Plano Senior High School, placed 3rd in Advanced Word Processing at the National BPA (Business Professionals of America) Competition in Grapevine, TX.
- Karen Yang, Plano Senior High School, placed 3rd in Legal Office Procedures at the National BPA (Business Professionals of America) Competition in Grapevine, TX.
- Jasper High School sophomores Neha Mullassery, Avaneesh Rade, and Neha Thomas placed 6th at the HOSA (Future Health Professionals) International Leadership Conference in Dallas, Texas.
- Over 160 students attended the annual CTE Gateway Summer Engineering Camps which are hands-on, project-based camps designed to introduce middle school students to the fundamentals of STEM and more specifically engineering. Certified Project Lead The Way (PLTW) instructors provided expert instruction in small group settings. Students worked together in a fun, exciting environment using leading-edge technologies to sample engineering related activities and projects and get a taste of how interesting and rewarding it can be to be an engineer.
- Plano Senior and Plano West Senior High chapters received the FFA National Chapter Award for 2017- 2018.
- Plano Senior High School automotive classes hosted their 3rd annual custom car and truck show. The show brought in over 120 entries, with 20 of being student entries and 18 being former alumni.
- Hannah Stanley a freshman at Vines High School won the Area V FFA Talent contest, and represented Plano Senior High School at the Texas FFA State Convention.