Industries Academy Selection Process
Please follow the steps below to be considered for the 2023-24 school year.
Step 1: Consider your 4 year plan and determine if your schedule has space for Industries Academy courses. You will need to have all of your elective sections available for Industries Academy classes.
Step 2: Apply to Collin College at applytexas.org
- USE YOUR NON-PISD EMAIL to apply. PISD emails block outside emails.
- Double check you are applying for the correct term and that you fully submit your application.
- Allow 2-3 business days for your application to be processed
- Your CougarWeb login information will be emailed to your personal email once accepted. You must have your Collin College ID Number (CWID) to complete the PISD Selection Form.
- For more help with applying to Collin College, reference this presentation
Step 3: Complete and submit the PISD Industries Academy Selection Form by 9:00 PM on January 20th, 2023. You must have your Collin College ID Number (CWID) to complete the PISD Selection Form.
Step 4: Notification of program selection via submitted email address on January 25, 2023. Next steps will be included. Selection is based on a lottery process. Students must accept their placement by February 1, 2023. If a student does not accept the placement by February 1, 2023 they will be replaced by a student on the waitlist. The waitlist will be run as a lottery as well.
Step 5: Once accepted, you will be required to clear all holds with Collin College including providing a vaccination record showing a current meningiitis vaccine. Please visit the Collin College website for more information.