Frequently Asked Questions
When will Collin College Technical Campus (CCTC) open?
- The campus is slated to open Fall of the 2020 school year.
How many students will be able to attend?
- The number of available openings will be dependent on program capacity.
What do I do if I am interested in attending?
- Begin the application process as described here. Speak with your counselors for additional information.
Can students apply to more than one program?
- Yes, a student can list up to 3 programs in priority order on the Interest Form.
Can a student change programs during or after the semester ends?
- No due to prerequisites and space limitations for the student in the new desired program.
Do students need to take the Texas Success Initiative Assessment (TSIA)?
- Depends on the students’ Academic Goal when they apply for admissions to Collin College. If a student selects Associate Degree or Transfer then yes they will need to take and pass the TSIA. If they select Certificate then they do not.
How do I prepare for the opportunity to attend CCTC classes?
- Begin by taking an interest survey such as the one found on the Texas Workforce Commission website. Once you have determined which porgram is best for you, take all of your require electives to free time in your schedule for courses at CCTC.
Plano ISD Industries Academy Brochure