Frequently Asked Questions
How many students will be able to attend?
- The number of available openings will be dependent on program capacity.
What do I do if I am interested in attending?
- Speak with your counselors or contact Elaine Anaya, email@example.com, for additional information. You may also visit the Selection Process page for additional details.
Can I apply to more than one program?
- You will be able to indicate your top three choices on the selection form.
Can I change programs during or after the semester ends?
- No, due to prerequisites and space limitations.
What happens if I fail a class?
- You may have to leave the program in the middle of the semester or not be allowed to continue the next semester due to prerequisites.
What if I currently attend the Academy High School? May I still participate?
- You will be required to transfer to your zoned senior high school for your academic classes.
What are the costs associated with participating in a program offered through the Industries Academy?
- Currently, Collin College tuition is $63 per credit hour. Each program has a specific amount of credit hours. Students can expect total tuition between approximately $1200 and $1800 for the entire two year program. Students that participate in the federal free and reduced meal program and have completed the Federal Meal Application in SchoolCafe qualify for free tuition. There may be some additional supplies that are needed depending on the program.
Do I need to take the Texas Success Initiative Assessment (TSIA)?
- This will depend on the your academic goal when you apply for admissions to Collin College. If you select Associate Degree or Transfer then yes, you will need to take and pass the TSIA. If you select Certificate then you do not.
Do credits earned at the Collin College Technical Campus transfer to other colleges and universities?
- For more information on this, please visit the Collin College Transfer Programs website found here or call the Collin Higher Education Center at 972-599-3100
I missed the Information Nights for the 2023-24 school year. Are there recordings available that I may watch?
- Yes, recordings will be made available as soon as possible.
How do I prepare for the opportunity to attend CCTC classes?
- Begin by taking an interest survey such as the one found on the Texas Workforce Commission website. Once you have determined which program is best for you, take all of your required electives to free time in your schedule for courses at CCTC.