A student with any of the following symptoms must be excluded from school until such time as the student is free of symptoms, has been satisfactorily treated or submits a signed physician’s statement that he/she is not contagious.
- Temperature of 100.4 degrees or more. Student must be fever free for 24 hours, without medication, before re-entry.
- Pain and/or swelling at angle of jaw.
- Undetermined rash over any part of the body accompanied by fever.
- Undiagnosed scaly patches on the body or scalp.
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea. Student must be symptom free for 24 hours, without medication, before re-entry.
- Red, draining eyes.
- Intense itching with signs and symptoms of secondary infection.
- Open, draining lesions.
- Lice or nits on shaft of hair, until treatment is verified.
Parents/guardians are required to send a note for students who will not be participating in physical education classes due to an illness or injury. This note will be accepted for up to five (5) consecutive days. Longer non-participation will require a physician's written excuse.