• History of Dooley

    Dooley was named for farmer Charlie L. Dooley, who moved to Plano in 1912 and served on the PISD board from 1930 to 1948. When Williams High School opened in 1961, Dooley and his wife donated $50,000 for the library in memory of their son, J.C., who was killed in World War II. Dooley Elementary School opened in January 1981 at a cost of $2.1 million to relieve overcrowding at Forman Eementary.