Application and Selection Timeline
Parent and student informational meetings for the IB World School- please attend one if you are planning to apply.
- Virtual Parent and student informational meeting - Registration required at tinyurl.com/118ibinfo
- November 8 (virtual Zoom meeting) at 7-8:15 pm.
- Parent and student informational meetings (Plano East theater)
- November 14 at 7-8:15 pm Please come at 6:15 p.m. for a tour of Plano East!
- December 6 at 7-8:15 pm Please come at 6:15 p.m. for a tour of Plano East!
The 4 Academies are also hosting a virtual meeting for families who are not sure which academy to choose. That meeting will mirror our middle school information meetings and will be held at 7-8 pm on November 2, 2022, as a webinar. Q & A available through Google form only.
Student SelectionStudent selection is based on a lottery. Families will be informed of the results on January 25, 2023 by 9:00 pm.
*Please check spam/junk folders if you do not receive notification by that time.
Notice of placement
First-round Notificaton: January 25, 2023, by 9:00 pm.
Student Commitment required: on or before February 1, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. Commitment is affirmed through completion of a form linked to the acceptance email. Acceptance at one academy means that you will automatically be removed from the waitlist at other academies. If a family fails to accept placement by February 1, that seat is forfeited and offered to a student on the IB waitlist.
Not sure which academy suits your child? Watch this video or visit the website to learn more about the four Plano ISD Academies