Drop Off/Pick Up Procedures
Doors Open 7:40 AM
Classes start at 7:55 AM
Dismissal 10:40 AM
Doors Open 12:10 PM
Classes start at 12:15 PM
Dismissal 3:00 PM
It is our desire to work with you in order to greet and dismiss your child in a safe and timely manner. Please remember that your child’s safety is our first concern, and we will need your assistance and cooperation to protect all our students.
- Each classroom has been assigned a color. On the first day packet you received a colored name tag along with a car tag for the first day of school. Please ask your child’s teacher for a second car tag if you drive two vehicles.
- Your child has been assigned to the either Front or Back Car Pool. Runners will escort your child from the car to his/her classroom. This car pool is the closest one to your child’s classroom.
- YOUR CHILD NEEDS TO WEAR THE NAME TAG DAILY. If it is lost, notify a member of the staff to have a temporary badge made.
- Arrive daily with the car tag placed on the rear view mirror. This must be visible to staff who are taking your child out of the car.
- Please review the map, which shows the car route for dropping off and picking up your child.
- NEVER leave your car unattended in the car pool line. The lane is marked as a fire lane for safety reasons.
- Please stay in your car and pull all the way forward when you are asked to do so.
- At 7:55am and 12:15pm the staff will return to the classrooms. AFTER THIS TIME, parents MUST park and bring their children into the front office. Please sign in at the office before walking your child to class per district policy, as she/he will be given a tardy pass. Students who arrive after 7:55am and 12:15pm are considered tardy.
- Our staff will not be able to assist with seat belts or car seats for legal reasons. Please follow state laws in regard to car seats.
- Please remain in your car at all times. Come to a complete stop and stay stopped until your child is safely in/out of the car. Do not allow your child to exit the car unless a staff member is there to assist them.
- Make certain your child is ready to exit your car when you pull up to the curb. If possible, having the backpack already on helps to speed up the process.
- Have the car seat on the passenger side of the car in the back seat. Always have your child exit on the curbside of the car.
- The staff will be busy making certain all students are safely arriving and being dismissed, therefore, do not expect to visit with them during this busy time.
- If your child is especially unwilling to get out of the car without you, you may wish to leave the car line and park in order to walk your child into the building. Please sign in at the office before walking your child to class; you will need to be processed in the security system.
- If someone else is picking up your child, that person MUST HAVE your child’s car tag with him/her and be on your child’s emergency card. (If you need to add someone to your card, please come to the office and they will help you.) In the event that they do not have the tag, the person will need to park their car and come into the office. We will check your emergency card to make certain they have authorization to pick up your child and ask them to show their drivers’ license. Please inform your child’s teacher in writing of changes.
- Children not picked up on time will be brought to the front office to wait for their ride and/or call you. Please be prompt in picking up your child.
- SAFETY first is the key! Our little ones are precious!