Installing a Network Printer
* You are required to have logged into your computer two times prior to installing a network printer.
To install a network printer, open Internet Explorer and go to http://printing.pisd.edu.
- On that webpage, find the column containing your site name. Click on the printer icon at the top of the column.
- A page will launch showing all the printers in your building. Find the host name for the printer you want to install in the first column and click on it.
- On the page that comes up, under Printer Actions on the left, click on Connect.
- You will then get a message asking if you would like to install the printer, click "Yes".
- When the installation is complete, you will see a message showing the printer installed successfully.
If you get an error, please reboot the computer and try again.
Printing on a Chromebook
Chromebooks on the PISDStudent wifi network can use Google Cloud Print printers.
- Press Ctrl+P to access printer settings.
- Next to Destination, click Change, then select the appropriate printer from the Google Cloud Print list:
Keep in mind that Chromebooks are designed to contribute to a paperless classroom. It’s likely that you will print far fewer pages when using Chromebooks because you can access documents electronically.