Counseling and Guidance Program
The guidance and counseling program at Haun Elementary follows the Texas Education Agency, National and State guidelines. It is an integral part of the total educational program. It provides a planned, preventative, developmental and systematic approach to helping all students academically, socially, and emotionally to reach their highest potential in the school setting. The program is designed to reach all students at Haun, and at the same time provide special assistance to those who need it.
- Guidance Curriculum- Weekly classroom guidance lessons.
- Responsive Services- Individual and group counseling, CMIT (Campus * Monitoring & Intervention Team), consultation, crisis management, community liaison
- Individual Planning- goal setting, career knowledge, transition counseling
- System Support- Testing, SBIC (School Based Improvement Committee), community outreach, public relations, parent support and education, team meetings, leadership teams.
Academic Success - Career Awareness - Personal / Social Development
All students in the school see the counselor, Mrs. Edge, every other week with their homeroom for guidance class. The purpose of guidance class is to help all students develop basic life skills. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Self-confidence development
- Motivation to Achieve
- Decision-making, Goal-setting, Planning, and Problem-solving
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Cross-cultural Effectiveness
- Responsible Behavior
- Career information