Thomas Announcements / Anuncios de Thomas
It's back!! Restarting on Tuesday, September 6, 2022, a limited number of guests will be able to come and have lunch with their children. Parents of students in pre-k through 5th grade will be able to sign up for a specific date and time to join their child for lunch using this Sign-Up Genius link.
Please make a note of the following information regarding visiting your child for lunch:
· Only one adult will be allowed to join his/her student for lunch.
· Only 6 reservations are allowed each day per assigned grade level.
· No siblings or extra guests will be allowed at this time.
· We ask that you only sign up for one special day at this time.
You will be permitted to sign in, go to the cafeteria to meet your child, and then walk back to the front of the building where we will have a special area set up for parents to eat with their children outside of the front office. Afterward, parents will sign out and leave from there and students will go back to class.
Plano Independent School District
Title I Program Overview /Resumen del Título I
Important Title I School Documents/Documentos Importantes de Título I
Parent and Family Engagement Policy, School-Parent Compact, and Notice of Qualifications are located on the Thomas Title I page.
Plan de Acción de la Escuela para Participación de Padres, Convenio de Familia-Escuela, Aviso de Cualificaciones – ubicados aquí Página Título I de Thomas.
All documents can be translated in other languages. Please contact the campus front office.
Todos los documentos pueden ser traducidos a otros idiomas. Favor de comunicarse con la oficina de la escuela.
Community Input Forums
The Plano ISD Board of Trustees and District Leadership have recently begun a Strategic Roadmapping process to provide a long-range plan for the district. After an initial brainstorming/curation process, we have identified several areas for community input. Trustees and district leaders will host a series of sessions for the community to gather feedback on the topics related to the Strategic Roadmap for the district’s future planning.
Community members are invited to attend and participate in activities designed to receive input and gather interests on the following topics:
- Career and Technical Education (CTE), particularly related to plans for the new CTE Center as part of the recent Bond
- Academics including advanced academics, special education and multilingual programming
- Instructional technology, particularly related to classroom technology to be potentially funded by the recently passed bond propositions
- Facility planning, including safety and security upgrades
In addition to the community meetings, work groups of professionals/experts in each of these areas will meet to provide input and feedback to the Board of Trustees. Community input will inform these work groups, district leaders and the Board of Trustees as they define a map for the future in creating the next strategic plan.
The forums will be held on the following dates in various locations across the district. The same activity will be conducted at each session. The community is invited to please attend and provide input to this important planning process. Select the date and time most convenient for you.
- Saturday, February 4: 9:00-10:00 a.m. at Jasper High School
- Monday, February 6: 7:00-8:00 p.m. at Williams High School
- Monday, February 13: 7:00-8:00 p.m. at Clark High School
- Wednesday, March 15: 7:00-8:00 p.m. at McMillen High School
- Saturday, March 18: 9:00-10:00 a.m. at Vines High School
- Tuesday, March 21: 7:00-8:00 p.m. at Shepton High School
Teacher and Support Staff Job Fair on March 25
Are you interested in working in one of the highest rated school districts in the state? Plano ISD will host a Teacher and Support Staff Job Fair on March 25 from 9:00 - 11:30 a.m. Candidates must register for the event. All elementary and secondary campuses will be on site to speak to those interested in teaching and support staff roles. Visit the employment website and read more about employment opportunities.
Make your reservations now and join us at SKI Plano 2023 on February 4 at the Marriott Legacy Town Center from 6 to 11 p.m. for a night of fundraising, dancing and fun!
For more than 25 years with the help of our community, SKI Plano (Supporting Kids in Plano) has raised critical funds to help Plano ISD students throughout the district. Sponsorship opportunities are available.
February 7, 2023
6:00 PM School Board Meeting
February 20, 2023
February 21, 2023
6:00 PM School Board Work Session
February 23, 2023
February 27, 2023
March 2, 2023
March 3, 2023
March 6, 2023
March 7, 2023
March 8, 2023
March 9, 2023
March 10, 2023
March 13, 2023
March 14, 2023
6:00 PM School Board Meeting