- May 2021-The Blue Book-Building and Constriction Network - Featured Project: Plano Academy High School Read it Here
- Jan 2020- Plano Star Courier - Plano's Academy High School accepting employers for spring Internship Fair Read it Here
- Fall 2019 - U.S. News and World Report Rankings- 2019 Best High Schools- Plano ISD Academy High School in Plano Read it here
- May 2018- Robotics students sign letter of Intent.Graduating seniors plan to persue STEM degrees after graduation. Read the Article Here
- January 2018- Plano Profile magazine published 2 articles featuring our school and learners. Read the Articles here
- Summer 2017-NEWS / ATPE NEWS MAGAZINE / ATPE NEWS SUMMER 2017 / BRICK BY BRICK Read it Here
- March 2017 - Plano Profile magazine publisehd an article "Full Steam Ahead" in their Education and Enrichment section. Read the Article here
- August 31, 2016 - Plano Magzine features Lynn Ojeda. Read the article on Mrs. Ojeda
- July 20, 2016 - 2016 Solar Car Challenge makes a Pitt stop in Ardmore.
- July 20, 2016 - 2016 Solar Car Challenge makes a stop in Manhattan. (Read more from 1350kman.com and from wibw.com)
- June 27, 2016 - 2016 Solar Car Challenge | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth Academy High School Solar Car Club Makes it to 2016 Solar car Challenge (Read more at NBCDFW.COM)
- January 18, 2016 - FULL “STEAM” AHEAD Academy High School goes above and beyond the “Art” of STEAM- (Read more at Raise Your Hand Texas)
- November 30, 2015 - Plano Academy High School Students visit Interurban Railway Museum for 'Suberban Soul' - (Read more at Plano Bubble Life, The Dallas Morning News and Plano Star Courier).
- March 31, 2015 -School Board Recognizes Toyota For $1,000,000 Donation To Academy Programs - Good Life Family Magazine - - (Read more at Goodlife Family Magazine).
- November 6, 2015 - Plano Academy High School Features in Mini Maker Faire.
- January 21, 2015 - Japan Meets Texas at Toyota Ground Breaking.
- October 27, 2014 - Toyota gives Plano’s Academy High School a $1 million gift.
- September 24, 2014 -Community newspaper highlights Plano Academies
- May 20, 2014 -Southwest Airlines named new partner of school.
- November 2013 - Academy High School Creats Renaissance Thinkers.
- November 2013 - Plano ISD Academy High School Dedication.
- March 17, 2013 - Fox 4 News "Fox 4Ward" feature on innovative learning environment and importance of corporate partnerships.
- March 4, 2013 - National Public Radio highlights STEAM at Plano ISD Academy H.S.
- January 14, 2013 - Plano Star Courier highlighting progress on school development.
- January 11, 2013 - Local NBC and CBS reporters focus on advancement of school and Texas Instruments’ donation of “Pico Tree”.
- January 7, 2013 - Details highlighting partnership between Texas Instruments and Plano ISD Academy H.S.
- October 4, 2012 - Parents at Plano ISD’s Key Communicators meeting heard reports about the three new academies scheduled to open in Plano ISD in August 2013. Principal Renee Godi presented about Plano ISD Academy High School.
- May 2012 - Renee Godi named principal at Plano ISD Academy High School.
- November 2011 - Texas Instruments becomes founding sponsor partner to school.
- Spring 2011 - Plano ISD Visioning Findings and Directions.
In 2010, an Academy Visioning Committee was formed by the Plano ISD Board of Trustees to study and advise the feasibility of creating 9th-12th grade options for learners that would provide specialized learning programs not currently available within the comprehensive high schools and senior high schools structure.
The Academy Visioning Committee developed a findings report that was presented to the school board. In September 2011, the Academy Steering Committee took this report and created actionable plans of work for the school. This group of educators and corporate and community leaders set a strong foundation of work for the Academy staff to carry forward.
In May 2012, Renee Godi was named principal of Plano ISD Academy High School and the inaugural staff was hired. During the 2012-2013 school year, the new principal and staff worked collaboratively with district administration in order to develop the unique curriculum a school such as this one would require. Those selected grade 9 and 10 facilitators began their journey with a year of planning together to deepen understandings of PBL instruction, examine existing programs, and design the learning experiences for this one-of-a-kind interdisciplinary, STEAM, PBL program.
The doors opened August 26, 2013 to the initial group of first and second year learners. At the same time, the grade 11 facilitators joined the team for their year of planning. Throughout the course of the year, learners connected with corporate sponsors and community supporters, while showcasing their learning to hundreds of visitors to the campus.
The 2014-15 school year was a big one for the Academy. June 2014 marked the introduction of a new administrative team as Renee Godi accepted a position as the Executive Director of Secondary Campus Services for Plano ISD. We are thrilled that Lynn Ojeda was named principal of AHS and Catherine Gaschen was named assistant principal. A new first year class of learners joined the school which now serves grades 9-11. The third floor of the 90,000+ square foot facility was completed and opened to students, and the grade 12 facilitators began their year of planning for the rising senior class. We look forward to next year as our first senior class will complete their path to graduation while working through unique PBL experiences, internships, capstone projects, and community service.