Volunteering is a great way to contribute to this community of readers!
Most often, the library needs books to be reshelved. We use the Dewey Decimal System to organize our Information section. It can seem daunting at first but once it is explained, it's really quite simple. below is a video that explains it well. Dewey Decimal Training
Our Fiction and Everybody (picture book) sections are alphabetized by the author's last name.
Putting a Book on Hold
To put a book on hold, you can do it on any computer with internet access.
- Go to catalog.pisd.edu
- Log in with your PISD credentials.
- Search for the book you want.
- Click on the title of the book you want.
- Click on the "PLACE HOLD" button on the right.
- Click "Confirm Hold"
- Wait until the book comes in. (Mrs. Herrera will send you a note)