How to Enroll
For more information, call (469)752-7168, Head Start
Basic Enrollment Requirement
There are three basic requirements for prospective students:
- The child must be three or four years old by September 1.
- The child must live within the boundaries of the Plano Independent School District.
- The family's income must fall within federal poverty level income guidelines.
- Copy of the child's birth certificate
- Copy of the child's immunization record
- Copy of the income tax return or check stubs or proof of TANF assistance
- Copy of the lease contract or mortgage agreement in the parent name(s)
- If applicable: Copies of the social security card(s) of child and parent(s), proof of Medicaid, CCMS, Food Stamps, WIC
After initial enrollment is complete, a waiting list is maintained. During the school year, openings are filled with children on this list. Children may be added to the waiting list by following the above process at any time during the school year.
Plano ISD Head Start operates on a policy of non-discrimination and considers families without regard to their race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, marital status, language or disability.
2020-2021 Head Start