2022-2023 Professional Learning Trade Days
November 21 & 22, 2022
Since the last day of the 2021-2022 school year is May 27, all learning starting on May 28, 2022 is trade eligible for the 2022-2023 school year.
All Professional Learning Trade Hours must be earned outside of your regular work day: summer, weekends, before or after school.
- Trade Hours Requirement: For the 2022-2023 school year, teachers, campus administrators, and campus professionals (librarians, counselors, etc) are required to complete a minimum of 15 trade hours for November 21 and 22.
- How many trade hours do I have? Teachers can see how many trade hours they have by logging into PowerSchool Develop and viewing their transcript. Click to see a video on accessing your transcript.
- Where can I earn additional trade hours? For staff who are seeking further learning toward their T-TESS goals, there are several online learning opportunities available. Click here to see online professional learning options. Any trade hours outside of campus requirements must be approved by a principal, and align to campus goals, HRS, CIPs or your TPG/SLO. We strongly encourage teachers to attend Summer Inspire and/or Trade Learning Saturdays to earn their required 15 Trade Hours.
- When can I earn trade hours? These hours must be earned outside of the regular work day or on non-contract days. For additional information, and to learn about trade hours related to specific roles, please check out our Trade Hour FAQs.
- When are trade hours due? Even though our trade days are both in November, trade hours are due by April 28, 2023. Check your transcript in PowerSchool Develop to see how many trade hours you have accumulated.
Renewing a Standard Certificate
Per TEA guidelines, Continuing Professional Education (CPE) is required for all Texas educators holding a standard certificate. The appropriate number of clock-hours of continuing professional education (CPE) must be completed during each five-year renewal period (TAC §232.11).
Continuing professional education (CPE) is required to renew a standard certificate. Your certificate will be set to inactive status if you do not renew by the expiration date. CPE hours are required, even if your certificate has already been set to inactive status. Certificates cannot be renewed by completing examinations.
Teachers must complete 150 CPE hours in order to renew their certificates.
- From TEA Website: General CPE information is located on the Continuing Professional Education Information page, along with renewal FAQs.