The Athletic Program -- General Information
All athletes must have a physical from a physician to participate and he/she can pick up the forms from any coach.
The physical and medical history forms need to be completed and submitted online on the Plano ISD Rank One site: https://planoisd.rankonesport.com. Please contact Coach Sterling, email@example.com OR Coach Ray, firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Volleyball and basketball are try-out sports but for Football and Track, any student can participate.
- Every athlete will have to get an athletic progress report signed every Wednesday so coaches can keep up with behavior and academics.
- Athletes will need to purchase their own workout gear through PTA. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Each sport will provide uniforms and equipment for each player.
The Athletic Program -- What is Expected
A student who chooses to participate in athletics has also chosen to work hard to become the best athlete/student possible.
- Each athlete must commit themselves to the team and program and follow the policies.
- They have to maintain a 70% grade average in every subject to participate in games.
- We have MANDATORY STUDY HALL on Wednesday for athletes failing any class with a 69% or lower from 3:40 to 5:00 p.m.
- “Yes sir, no sir, yes ma’am, no ma’am”, is expected from athletes when talking with adults.
- Must Be Committed from Day One!!
Girls Athletics will be held before school and during 1st period, while boys athletics will be held during 8th period and after school. All students must turn in the required forms prior to the first scheduled practice, or they will not be allowed to practice after school. Required forms must be submitted online on the Rank One site.
Football season begins the first week of school and lasts through October. There are no tryouts for football.
Volleyball season begins the first week of school with tryouts to be announced. Each student will be asked to demonstrate the fundamental volleyball skills of passing, setting, hitting, and serving. Coaches will also take into consideration a student's attitude, hustle, and leadership ability. All students will be given an equal opportunity to perform their skills and be evaluated by the coaching staff.
Basketball season begins November and last through February. 7th and 8th grade both will have an A and B team. Tryouts are scheduled for November.
Track practice will start in March with our first meet scheduled for mid-March. Boys' and girls' track practice will be held after school till 4:30, Monday through Thursday. Events at each meet will be filled competitively in the form of a run/throw/jump-off on the day prior to the meet. Detailed practice schedules will be passed out during the first meeting along with the individual meets and events that will be included in those meets. Parents are urged to pay close attention to each meet format, as not all events will occur each week.
Any student interested in football should contact Coach Sterling about being moved into Athletics. All forms must be completed and signed prior to tryouts or practice. Tryouts are held for basketball and volleyball. There are no tryouts for football or track.
Equipment and Clothing:
The Boys Athletic Department will provide all game uniforms and equipment except: shoes (cleats), socks, and mouthguards.
The Girls Athletic Department will provide all game uniforms and equipment for except: kneepads.
Bad Weather Days:
When bad weather does not allow us to practice outside, we will practice inside a gym. Athletes need to keep a pair of tennis shoes in their locker for this occasion (since cleats may not be worn on the gym floor).
Game Cancellation Due to Weather:
This decision will be made late in the day, and the front office will be notified as soon as a decision has been made.
X (Twitter): Follow Carpenter Athletics on X (Formerly known as Twitter) - @Aww_CC