Plano ISD Safety Protocols/Procedures Return to School for Middle School Athletics
The Athletic Program -- General Information
All athletes must have a physical from a physician to participate and he/she can pick up the forms from any coach.
The physical and medical history forms can also be printed from the Carpenter website found on the Athletics site. Please contact Coach Sterling, email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Volleyball and Basketall are try-out sports but for Football and Track, any student can participate.
- Every athlete will have to get an athletic progress report signed every Wednesday so coaches can keep up with behavior and academics.
- Athletes will need to purchase their own work out gear. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Each sport will provide uniforms and equipment for each player.
The Athletic Program -- What is Expected
A student who chooses to participate in athletics has also chosen to work hard to become the best athlete/student possible.
- Each athlete must commit themselves to the team and program and follow the policies.
- They have to maintain a 70% grade average in every subject to participate in games.
- We have MANDATORY STUDY HALL on Wednesday for athletes failing any class with a 69% or lower from 3:30 to 5:00.
- “Yes sir, no sir, yes ma’am, no ma’am”, is expected from athletes when talking with adults.
- Clean shaven and well groomed
- Must Be Committed from Day One!!
Girls athletics will be held before school and during 1st period, while boys athletics will be held during 7th period and after school. All students must turn in the required forms prior to the first scheduled practice, or they will not be allowed to practice after school. A set of forms can be picked up from any coach.
Football season begins the first week of school and lasts through mid-November. There are no tryouts for football.
Volleyball season begins the first week of school with tryouts to be announced. Each student will be asked to demonstrate the fundamental volleyball skills of passing, setting, hitting, and serving. Coaches will also take into consideration a student's attitude, hustle, and leadership ability. All students will be given an equal opportunity to perform their skills and be evaluated by the coaching staff.
Basketball season begins mid-November and continues until mid-February. 7th and 8th grade both will have an A and B team. Tryouts are scheduled for November.
Track practice will start in February with our first meet scheduled for early March. Boys' and girls' track practice will be held after school till 4:30, Monday through Thursday. Each student that tries out will participate in at least one meet but since individual sports within certain events at the meet are limited, they will be filled competitively in the form of a run/throw/jump off the week prior to the meet. Detailed practice schedules will be passed out during the first meeting along with the individual meets and the events that will be included in those meets. Parents are urged to pay close attention to each meet format, as not all events will occur each week.
Any student interested in football should contact Coach Sterling about being moved into Athletics. All athletes must get a physical from a physician and he/she can get a set of forms to complete from any coach. All forms must be completed and signed prior to tryouts or practice. Tryouts are held for basketball and volleyball. There are no tryouts for football or track.
Equipment and Clothing:
The Athletic Department will provide all equipment except shoes (cleats), socks, and mouthguards.
Bad Weather Days:
When bad weather does not allow us to practice outside, we will practice inside a gym. Athletes need to keep a pair of tennis shoes in their locker for this occasion (since cleats may not be worn on the gym floor).
Game Cancellation Due to Weather:
This decision will be made late in the day, and the front office will be notified as soon as a decision has been made.
Social Media: Follow us on Twitter at Carpenter Athletics @Aww_CC /
Sports You App (Football Players/Parents)
- On mobile device download sportsYou app
from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play
- Tap Create Account or Continue with
- Tap Enter Access Code to enter code P235-XLCL, then finish set up.