(a.k.a. Learning Dojo)
Welcome to the Carpenter Middle School Library! As a Middle School student you may use the library for book exchange, research, homework assistance and as a reading space. The library is open at various times during the school day to study, read, and check out and return books.
Hours & Expectations for the Library (a.k.a. The Learning Dojo)
Before School – 7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. (Pass Required)
During Lunch – 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (Pass Required)
After School – 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
When you visit the Learning Dojo, you are expected to be coming with a purpose and with a mindset for completing a task. Students who cannot manage themselves responsibly will lose the privilege to visit.
Possible Tasks: returning a book, checking out a book, reading, working on school work, working on a project, or conducting research.
Food and drinks ONLY allowed during lunch.
Electronic devices ONLY allowed during lunch in accordance with the grade levels’ daily allowances in the cafeteria.
Circulation & Fines
- Each student may check out a maximum of 3 books under their name at a single time.
- Student may ONLY check out books under their personal name and account.
- The standard check-out period lasts for 2 weeks. Books may be renewed up to 2 times, for a total of 6 weeks. Current award books and new books are not eligible for renewal.
- Students are expected to return books on time. Students with overdue books will lose the privilege of borrowing or renewing library books until the overdue books are returned.
- No overdue fines are accrued.
- Students are responsible for the cost of lost or severely damaged books. If a student loses or damages a book, they must replace the book or pay the cost of replacement before they will be allowed to check out any other books.