- Works closely with the school counselor and teachers to identify needs of students and provide a caring environment
- Evaluates and monitors communicable diseases
- Serves as a resource person for faculty and staff
- Participates on campus-based committees to monitor progress and on-going needs of the at-risk and special-needs student as they relate to health care
- Your nurse provides state-required vision and hearing screening of grade levels Kindergarten, First, Third, and Fifth grades annually, as well as any child who is identified as possibly having vision or hearing problems in the classroom
- Health assessment and counseling is an on-going role, as well as emergency first aid for students and staff.
- Implementing and monitoring students' compliance with state immunization laws is also on-going. Please remember that new requirements are occurring with Hepatitis B and Chickenpox. For an official list of state requirements by age, please pick up a copy at the nurse's office.