History of Jackson Elementary
Jackson Elementary was founded in 1975 and was named after Frank William Jackson (1846 - 1927). Originally from Kentucky, Mr. Jackson settled on a farm near Renner in the late 1800’s. He is well known for his support of church, education and progress, having donated land for schools, the Methodist Church and the Cotton Belt Railroad. Having served as president of the School Board for many years, Frank William Jackson’s support of schools and education was honored with the naming of Jackson Elementary School.
Jackson's motto is "What Starts Here Changes the World." School colors are black and gold and the mascot is a jaguar.