About the Program
Our Plano ISD supports a Kodaly-inspired music curriculum from elementary through high school. Zoltan Kodaly was a Hungarian composer and music educator who developed his method based on these principles:
- Children should be exposed to only the highest quality of music.
- Children should learn songs of their native language, their heritage and roots, as well as the folk songs and rhymes that are passed down from previous generations.
- Musical literacy, the ability to read, write, and think music, is the right of every human being.
- Music education should begin at a very young age.
- Music learning begins with the child’s natural instrument, the voice.