If your child must take medication during the school hours, here is the school policy:
- For student safety, all medication should be brought to the clinic by the parent. Controlled substances must be brought to the clinic by the parent. Medications are not provided by the school.
- All medication must be in its original, properly labeled container with a written request signed by the parent/guardian.=
- Only medication that cannot be given at home will be given at school.
- Only a 30-day supply of medication will be accepted at a time. (Amount received by nurse________.)
- Medication that has expired or is not picked up by the parent will be destroyed.
- Authorized district employees may administer medication in the absence of the nurse.
- Aspirin or products containing aspirin will not be given without a physician order.
- Nonprescription, homeopathic medication, dietary supplements and herbal supplements will only be given in accordance with Plano ISD Board Policies FFAC(LEGAL) and FFAC(LOCAL).
English Medication Request Form
Spanish Medication Request Form