Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Rebecca Cabrera
A little about Mrs. Cabrera-
- I am a proud mommy of two that are my world! Emberly is 8 and Ari is 7. They are in 3rd and 2nd grade here at Carlisle.
- My husband Daniel and I have been married for 9 years.
- Daniel is a Police Officer
- We have two dogs: a Mini Schnauzer named Izzy, and a boxer named Dexter
- We have horses; Q, FireCracker, Taxi and two mini ponies, Indo and Pixie
- We LOVE animals!
- This is my fifth year with Plano ISD and I am beyond thrilled to be here at Carlisle!
- This will be my thirteenth year in teaching beginning with sixth grade social studies, kindergarten, second, third, and fourth grade math. Second grade is such an exciting year as we go from learning to read to reading to learn.
- I graduated from Texas State University at San Marcos in 2007 with a Bachelors Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies.
- EC-4 and 4-8 Generalist
- ESL Supplemental
- GT Supplemental
- I also completed my masters through Texas A&M University Commerce for my Masters in Education in Reading/Literacy.
- I will facilitate learning.
- I will encourage a love of lifelong learning.
- I will build a classroom community of collaborative, cooperative, and caring citizens.
- I will provide a learning environment where students feel comfortable to share thoughts, ideas, and connections.
- I will differentiate to meet the individual needs of my students.
- I will encourage students to become an accountable part of their education, to become self regulated, responsible learners.
- I will push students to become productive thinkers.
- I will communicate with parents. If there is a concern or a praise, whether it be academic or behavioral, I will share it.