Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Rebecca Cabrera
A little about Mrs. Cabrera-
- I am a proud mommy of two that are my world! Emberly is 11 and Ari is 10. Emberly goes to Schimelpfenig across the field and Ari is in 5th grade here at Carlisle.
- My husband Daniel and I have been married for 12 years.
- Daniel is a Police Officer
- We have two boxers, Dexter and Dolly
- We have horses; Q, Fire-Cracker and Taxi
- We LOVE animals!
- This is my eighth year with Plano ISD and I am beyond thrilled to be here at Carlisle!
- This will be my sixteenth year in teaching, beginning with sixth grade social studies, kindergarten, second, third, first, and fourth grade math.
- I am thrilled to be back in second grade!
- I graduated from Texas State University at San Marcos in 2007 with a Bachelors Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies.
- EC-4 and 4-8 Generalist
- ESL Supplemental
- GT Supplemental
- I also completed my masters through Texas A&M University Commerce for my Masters in Education in Reading/Literacy.
- I will facilitate learning.
- I will encourage a love of lifelong learning.
- I will build a classroom community of collaborative, cooperative, and caring citizens.
- I will provide a learning environment where students feel comfortable to share thoughts, ideas, and connections.
- I will differentiate to meet the individual needs of my students.
- I will encourage students to become an accountable part of their education, to become self regulated, responsible learners.
- I will push students to become productive thinkers.
- I will communicate with parents. If there is a concern or a praise, whether it be academic or behavioral, I will share it.