Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Rebecca Cabrera
A little about Mrs. Cabrera-
- I am a proud mommy of two that are my world! Emberly is 10 and Ari is 9. They are in 5th and 4th grade here at Carlisle.
- My husband Daniel and I have been married for 11 years.
- Daniel is a Police Officer
- We have a boxer named Dexter
- We have horses; Q, Fire-Cracker and Taxi
- We LOVE animals!
- This is my seventh year with Plano ISD and I am beyond thrilled to be here at Carlisle!
- This will be my fifteenth year in teaching, beginning with sixth grade social studies, kindergarten, second, third, first, and fourth grade math.
- I am thrilled to be back in second grade!
- I graduated from Texas State University at San Marcos in 2007 with a Bachelors Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies.
- EC-4 and 4-8 Generalist
- ESL Supplemental
- GT Supplemental
- I also completed my masters through Texas A&M University Commerce for my Masters in Education in Reading/Literacy.
- I will facilitate learning.
- I will encourage a love of lifelong learning.
- I will build a classroom community of collaborative, cooperative, and caring citizens.
- I will provide a learning environment where students feel comfortable to share thoughts, ideas, and connections.
- I will differentiate to meet the individual needs of my students.
- I will encourage students to become an accountable part of their education, to become self regulated, responsible learners.
- I will push students to become productive thinkers.
- I will communicate with parents. If there is a concern or a praise, whether it be academic or behavioral, I will share it.