T.H. Williams Legacy
History of T. H. Williams High School
Virtually a landmark in PISD, Williams High School first served as Plano High School when it was built in 1961. That year the school included grades 8 through 12 and the total enrollment was 390 students. Enrollment grew steadily until the 1965/66 school year when it was 653. The following school year, the campus became a grade 9 through 12 school and enrollment dropped to 555. Two years later, Williams became a grade 10 through 12 facility with 627 students. A new senior high school was completed in 1975 leaving the Williams campus with 938 freshmen and sophomores. Enrollment numbers had reached its zenith in the 73-74 school year with 1712 pupils. Enrollment has increased over the years and the current number of students for the 2009-10 school year is 2005 young scholars.
T.H. Williams, principal from 1961-1968, came to the district in 1936 as a math instructor and coach in the old Plano High School (now the Cox Building). He was head coach from 1943 to 1953, leading his teams to several district and state titles. A new Plano High School was built on 17th street in 1961 at a cost of $993,590. This campus was renamed T. H. Williams High School when the new Plano Senior High opened in 1975. Thomas Howard "Bill" Williams (1902-1992) was honored as a teacher, coach, and principal who had given almost five decades of service to educating youths of Collin County.
Williams High School has been under the leadership of:
Barney Newton: (1968 -1975)
Tom Moore: (1975 - 1989)
Debbie Saviano: (1989 - 1993)
Jeff Bailey: (1993 - 1997)
Dr. Willie Fowlks: (1997 - 2003)
Sara Bonser: (2003 - 2010)
Lynn Ojeda: (2010 - 2014)
Gloria Martinez: (2014 - 2019)
Matthew Endsley: (2019-2021)
Jill Engelking: (2021-Current)