The Instructional Specialist's role:
- Assist with the implementation of the language arts program.
- Provide instruction in language arts in collaboration with the classroom teacher to students identified with academic needs.
- Model lessons in language arts and initiate conferences with teachers about effective strategies for classroom instruction.
- Support and develop instructional goals.
- Facilitate implementation of new materials, methodologies, philosophies, and innovations using those that meet the needs of students served.
- Facilitate and implement the dyslexia program.