Pinnacle Gradebook Support
Email Parents from the Gradebook
Email your parents from each of your gradebook tabs.
In the message screen that opens, be sure to type directly in the message area (do not copy and paste from another application). If you copy and paste the message is often blank when it sends.
Finding Assignment Grades for Students with Schedule Changes
Do you have a student with a recent schedule change and you are missing the assignment grades? The following steps must be completed by the student's previous teacher (prior to the schedule change).
Option 1 - Print the Students Assignment Report
- Go to Reports in the gradebook.
- Expand Grading and select the Student Assignment Report
- Select the class, nine weeks, and select the desired student from the students box.
- Click the Print button.
- Give the student's grades to the new teacher.
Option 2 - View the Grades in the Gradebook
- Go to the gradebook tab that the student used to be in (the one that should have the old grades)
- Show Inactive Students on your class roster
- Click the blue arrow at the top of your class roster.
- Select the options "Show Inactive Students".
- The inactive students in your gradebook will appear in light gray at the bottom of the class roster.
- Find the student's name at the bottom of the class roster.
- Write down the grades to give to the new teacher.
Are you missing classes or has a class disappeared? Click on the + to the right of your class tabs. Check the classes you want to be restored and then click Add to Tabs.
Merging Class Tabs
Have too many class tabs? Class tabs must be combined BEFORE you begin entering grades.
Once grades are entered, merging gets tricky and you will need to reenter some grades.
If you suddenly receive a new class and NO grades for any nine weeks have been entered into that class, merging can occur without any lose of grades.
Send an email to email@example.com requesting your classes be combined.
Gradebook Access for Long-Term Substitutes
Long-Term Substitutes (subbing for more than a few days) can have access to a teacher's gradebook. Follow the process below.
- Ask a campus administrator to request Pinnacle access for the long-term sub. An email must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org including the substitute name and the teacher that will be out.
- Gradebook support will give a temporary login to the substitute
- DO NOT share your network login with a substitute.