Plano ISD students engage in computational and algorithmic thinking patterns while learning to process information, design software, and apply their knowledge and skills. The emphasis of this program is to teach students how to solve problems and acquire various programming languages while working with computers.
Computer Science includes:
- hardware design
- databases and information retrieval
- computer security
- software design
- programming languages and paradigms
- translation between levels of abstraction
- artificial intelligence
- the limits of computations (what computers cannot do)
- applications in information technology and information systems
- social issues (Internet security, privacy, intellectual property, etc.