Phone: (469) 752-6785
Degrees and Certifications:
BS in Psychology MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling Core Subjects 4th-8th Grades ESL Supplemental
Hello! I am so overjoyed you are here. My name is Emily Phillips and this is my second year to teach ESL English and Reading and AVID Excel here at Wilson.
This year- I will also be serving as a School Counseling Intern and an Emergent Bilingual coach.
My ESL English class focuses on helping students from all different backgrounds learn to speak, read, write, and listen in the English Language.
My AVID Excel class focuses on preparing English Learners for highschool and college and teaching skills such as organization, writing in your planner, and public speaking.
A Little About Me
- I grew up in the DFW and am excited to be back here and make it my home!
- I went to Texas A&M University and received a Bachelor's in Psychology and a Minor in Business Administration.
- I went to University of North Texas and received a Master's in Clinical Mental Health Counseling.
- I love dogs! I have a Corgi named Daisy and a Yellow Lab named Hansel
- In my spare time you may find me drinking new teas, doing yoga, water coloring or doing calligraphy, or spending time with my husband and our dogs!
1st ESL English and Reading
2nd EB Coach/ Counseling
3rd EB Coach/ Counseling
4th AVID Excel 8th
5th Eb Coach/ Counseling
6th ESL English and Reading
7th ESL PLC Planning
8th AVID Excel 7th
Tuesday: Before & After School
Thursday: Before & After School