History of Wilson
Wilson is named after "Miss Ammie" Wilson (1880-1972), whose Plano farm is now a historical museum. Wilson, a socialite, was nearly blinded by cataracts and lost her only child while still young. This prompted her to turn her interests towards raising livestock, which she soon became well-known for in shows; she also became a member of the Purebred Sheep Breeder Association of Texas.
Wilson Middle school opened in 1970 as an elementary school housing students from first through the eighth grades, though it was later changed to a middle school.