Plano ISD seeks to create a safe place for students, free from
crime, violence, drugs and abuse. Pursuant to the Texas Education
Code the Plano Independent School District conducts screenings for
any record of criminal history.
The district shall obtain the criminal
history record of prospective volunteers who will be working with
students, including, but not limited to camp counselors, mentors,
tutors, field trip sponsors, overnight trip sponsors, any volunteers
who will have access to student information, and volunteers who
work on a regular basis with students.
All volunteers must reapply after July 1 of each year to be considered for volunteer opportunities.
Volunteers at Dooley Elementary School led campus-wide efforts that resulted in a national "Green Ribbon School" award. Green Ribbon Schools are identified as environmentally-friendly campuses that encourage conservation of natural resources and create green spaces for a healthy, energy-wise environment.
Follow this link to sign up using the Online Volunteer Application . This link will open in a new window. Please make sure "pop-up blockers" are turned off before clicking the link.
PLEASE NOTE: any of the following browsers are needed for access to the online application link above: Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 7, 8 and 9, Mozilla Firefox 3.5+, Safari 5.0.3 and Chrome 23+.
For any technology-related questions about the online Volunteer Application process, contact TEAMS Help at (469)752-2180 or email TEAMShelp@pisd.edu.
For questions about the background check process, contact our Security Department at (469)752-8057.
For general questions and questions about your application status, please contact the campus where you plan to volunteer. Links to Directory of Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How will I know when my application has been processed?
Applications take 2 to 3 business days for the processing to complete. Click here for a link to the Directory of Schools. When your application is processed, your name will appear on the list of volunteers at all of the schools you selected. You may begin volunteering as soon as your name is included on the list of volunteers at the school. Please feel free to contact the schools for information about volunteer opportunities.
- I'm a returning volunteer, but I've forgotten my password; what do I do?
Look for the words "click here" under the "Returning Volunteer" login on the Volunteer Application page). Click and then enter your information as requested. If you are still unable to log in or for any technology-related questions about the online Volunteer Application process, contact TEAMS Help at (469)752-2180 or TEAMShelp@pisd.edu.
- I don't have internet access, can I use a paper application?
Applications are online only, and there are no exceptions. Schools have computers available for you to use to sign up as a volunteer. Please check with your school's office for more information.
- I am already in the system, but I'm unable to login as a returning volunteer. Sometimes volunteers have made an error in their application or there is something that will not allow them to log in again such as a name change. Please contact TEAMS Help at (469)752-2180 or TEAMShelp@pisd.edu and they will be happy to assist you.
- I'm not a U.S. citizen; can I still volunteer? Yes, you can volunteer! However, there is an extra step in the approval process for non-U.S. citizens. Please complete the online application, and then contact our security office at (469)752-8057. You will need to bring in your passport, photo I.D. or other documentation to the security office in our Administration Building at 2700 W. 15th Street located on the First Floor near Human Resources.