FLL teams need dedicated volunteers to work alongside our teachers. No special skills are needed except for an interest in helping kids discover and learn. Teams meet after school once or twice weekly September – December.
FIRST® Tech Challenge Teams and FIRST® Robotics Competition Teams
Our greatest need is for dedicated engineering, computer science, and project management mentors to work with our students after school during FTC or FRC build seasons.
- FTC build season is September – December; competitions are local. Teams meet 1-2 times/week.
- FRC build season is January -February. Additional testing and refinement continue through the March and April competition season. Teams meet 2+ times/week. Teams also work in the summer and fall off-season to develop skills.
Non-technical mentors - FTC and FRC
Successful teams feature a variety of skilled mentors and students. Teams need:
- Help to develop and refine a marketing plan, branding strategy, and community outreach events
- Assistance with the creation of and revision of a business plan
- Feedback on a variety of essays and presentations
- Mock interview practice for students who will speak on behalf of the team
Logistical and technical support is needed during the events hosted by Plano ISD Robotics on the evening before and the day of the event. One day volunteering can have a great impact on the success of an event!