Principal - Ryan Steele
Assistant Principal - Patricia Powell
Counselor - Lauren Toler
Office Manager - Nancy Parker
Secretary - Cherie Tipsword
Nurse - Laura Miller
Instructional Specialist - Amy Hightower
The mission of Mathews Elementary School is to provide a quality education for all students in a positive learning environment.
- We believe that a key to academic success is the partnership between students, parents, teachers, and the community.
- We believe this partnership should provide a safe, nurturing, supportive, and challenging environment where students feel good about themselves.
- We believe self-respect, respect for others, tolerance, and acceptance for others greatly influence academic success.
- We believe education should produce motivated, independent thinkers who value diversity, education, and their own abilities.
- We believe education is constantly changing and the integration of technology is important for the future.
- We believe education should provide the stimulus by which each student will be challenged to reach his/her potential.
- We believe the curriculum should provide the necessary skills to prepare each student for a successful life in the every day world.
- We believe educators should continue to grow through staff development opportunities.
- We believe Mathews Elementary must develop the unique social and emotional potential of each child in a high expectations environment.