Degrees and Certifications:
M.A. Curriculum and Instruction B.A. English and Communication
Ms. Kristin Woods
I am excited about teaching ESL Social Studies and Intermediate ESL English Language Arts this year! This is my 20th year as a teacher and my 8th year at FMS. I love teaching middle school because it's the time when kids make the transition from "little kids" to teenagers. It is amazing to watch our students grow both academically and socially, and I feel lucky to be a part of that. My goals as a teacher are to instill a love of reading, make learning fun and memorable, promote the value of diversity, and build positive relationships based on empathy and acceptance.
As for me personally, some of my favorite things are my nephews, cats, books, laughing, and cookies. In my free time, you can find me baking, reading, volunteering with an animal rescue, and listening to true crime podcasts.
Why do I teach?
- I believe that all kids deserve encouragement and support
- I want to help students see how our diversity makes us better
- I want to facilitate kids' love of reading, history, and learning
- I hope to help students develop their own passions
- I invest in kids because they are the leaders of our future
Tutorials by appointment.